Body composition is about way more than just aesthetics! Your body composition tells a whole story about what’s going on in your body. Too much emphasis is put on body weight in relation to health when in reality health and lifespan are linked more closely to body composition.
Does the number on the scale matter?
Yes to some extent, but the composition of that body weight is most important to overall health.
So, measuring it is very important. Body composition analysis is the process of measuring fat mass and lean mass in order to understand what percentage of your body weight is made up of each.
Why should you care about your body composition?
Because it’s a much better indicator of health than body weight alone!
Body composition can give you insights into risk factors for certain diseases, muscle loss, nutritional deficiencies, and more. It can also help you
There are many benefits to measuring body composition, including:
- Improved health: By understanding your body composition, you can make more informed decisions about your health. For example, if you are carrying around too much fat, you may be at a higher risk for developing obesity-related diseases such as type 2 diabetes or heart disease.
- Enhanced performance: If you are an athlete, measuring your body composition can give you valuable insights into your training and performance. For example, if you are carrying too much body fat, it may be hindering your performance.
- Improved quality of life: By understanding your body composition, you can make lifestyle choices that will improve your overall quality of life. For example, if you are carrying too much fat, you may want to make changes to your diet and exercise routine to lose weight and improve your health.
- An understanding of your hormones: By analyzing your body composition, you can get an understanding of your hormone levels. For example, a large amount of body fat in your midsection could be attributed to high cortisol levels. Knowing this information could allow you to make changes in your life that allow for better stress reduction, different eating habits that work better for your body, or a varied workout regimen.
- Improved self-esteem and body image: By understanding your body composition, you can develop a healthier self-esteem and body image. This can lead to improved mental and emotional health. It can also be confidence boosting when you are eating well and working out and you see a great change in your body!
If you are interested in measuring your body composition, there are a few different methods you can use. The most basic method is skinfold calipers, which measure the thickness of subcutaneous (under the skin) fat at different sites on the body. Other methods include bioelectrical impedance (which uses an electrical current to estimate body fat percentage), dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA), and underwater weighing. And, don’t forget about the newest technology, Visbody, that combines Bioelectrical Impedance + 3D Body Scanning capabilities.
No matter which method you choose, body composition analysis is a valuable tool that can help you understand your health and make informed decisions about your wellness.
By becoming aware of your current body composition and taking steps to achieve a healthy body composition, you will:
– Increase your lifespan
– Reduce the risk of heart disease, cancer, diabetes, insulin resistance, etc.
– Increase energy levels
– Improve self-esteem
For more information on Visbody, please fill out a contact form and someone will be in touch with you shortly.